Birthday Giveaway advice
This year I turn the big 4-0 (I am cringing and hiding at the thought)! Since there is nothing I can do about it, I have decided to make my big birthday into an event here on the hill. I want to organize my first giveaway to coincide with the big event. Basically a scenario where I have to have the birthday but I would like others to benefit from my crazy day! :-D
But I need your help with several things- please! It doesn't matter if you have never had a give away on your blog but if you have then I have even more questions for you.
First, I have to fund the entire giveaway on my own. While I would love to give away say an Ipad, well I cannot afford to buy one at the moment. I have a few ideas for the giveaway and I am wondering if everyone could tell me what they think (which ideas do you like and why and which ideas do you not like as well and why). Here they are:
1. A pamper yourself giveaway: handmade soaps, bubble bath or bath bombs, maybe a bath pillow, thick lotions, etc.
2. A Reading and relaxing giveaway: A gift card to a book store, some chocolates, nice bookmarks, etc.
3. A gardening basket: some gardening hand tools, some seeds for flowers, maybe a gardening book, gloves, hand soap and lotion for gardening.
4. Movie Night: a gift card for a movie rental or maybe an actual movie, popcorn, some theater box candy, etc
5. Something else-- what other suggestions do you have? What great giveaways have you entered for or given away?
If you have had a giveaway on your blog before, where are the best places to advertise it? From where did you get the most traffic? What program did you use for the giveaway- please simple to use is high priority here! Any other piece of advice that you wished someone else had shared with you about giveaways?
I hope that we can all learn from this so please share your advice!
Thank you for visiting me here on the hill and come back soon.