What a week I have had. Due to health issues, I wasn't able to go camping last weekend and ended up sitting at home. Then I was finally able to get into the doctor, only to find out that he forgot to prescribe a CAM walker (basically a walking cast) to me two weeks ago. He wanted me to try this for yet another month to see if it helps my pain. Since physical therapy only made my condition worse, I am not confident on the results. So now I am working on just having surgery to get it fixed. Doctor was fine with that decision but it has been difficult getting the ball rolling.
With all this stress and anxiety going on, I haven't done a whole lot. I need to learn to focus on the good and let the stress causing stuff go. But can anyone really do that? If you know of a way to do it, please- I would love some advice!
Onward to craves for the week-- What were yours this week?
1. Strawberries: On Thursday I got an e-mail from one of the local strawberry farms that they were opening on June 1. Yeah!! I cannot wait to get out and pick a bunch. Nothing is better than freshly picked, ripe strawberries. My family loves berries, the boys especially love strawberries. I usually make some jam, we eat a bunch and I freeze some. Last year our frozen strawberries disappeared in August so this year I need to make sure that we freeze more and that I find a good place to hide some.
2. My super clean gorgeous van: We made the decision to sell our van, use some of the money to buy our oldest a vehicle and the rest will go towards the purchase of my mom's trail blazer. Yes it sounds confusing but -- the trail blazer has 4 wheel drive (a necessity for me during the winter, I am a horrible winter driver) and it tows our trailer easier than the poor van does. So....it makes sense, I like the idea. We decided to have the van detailed before we listed it for sale. They steam cleaned the carpet and seats, they cleaned it all up, they washed and waxed it. Now it looks like a brand new van and I am in love with it all over again. Sigh-- I will enjoy it while I can but hopefully it will sell fairly quickly (it should with as good as it looks!).
3. Surgery: Yes I know, how strange to crave this. After two plus months of increasing foot pain, I am ready to start healing. I just got the yes from our health advocate at the insurance company- meaning that the surgery is medically necessary! Whoo hoo me. Now I am waiting for a call back from benefits to see what the insurance will cover. Hopefully after our HUGE deductible they will cover the majority of it and I can get it scheduled. Which means there will be an end in sight to this heel pain. :-D
4. The end of school: Half of me craves this (sleeping in, no grumpy kids to get up and moving, no fighting to get the kids to bed at night or to do homework) and the other half of me cringes slightly (bored kids wanting something to do, kids eating themselves silly at night after I go to bed, watching the food fly out the door). It is a good thing and a struggle. I know once September shows up, I will be more than ready to send the kids off to school again. The peace and quiet of the day will be gone but I won't have to pack lunches and fight with grumpy kids who do not want to go to school. It is much easier now that they are older.....and they are learning that my constant reply to their boredom pleas are to clean :-D.
5. A Day Away: I crave these every once in awhile. A day for hubby and me to escape and wander. We usually go for a nice ride and sight see. We often head towards Lake Michigan and head north. Such beautiful scenery and it is so relaxing. We have not been able to carve out a day to get away in a long time. Heck, I would even take an afternoon getaway. The next several weekends are booked with baseball games and other obligations so maybe sometime the end of June....or July.
Thanks for stopping by the hill and checking out my craves. Let me know what your craves for the week have been-- I love hearing from everyone!